As a Nashville white-collar crime lawyer, Rob Laser understands that criminal matters are likely the most stressful and serious moments in the life of a business or individual. When faced with an indictment or government investigation, you need a tireless advocate who understands the stakes and explores all avenues in your defense. Trained by former federal and state prosecutors and a current federal judge, Rob has represented clients in serious criminal matters involving Medicare fraud and the False Claims Act, federal bribery and money laundering, mail fraud and wire fraud, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
While at Columbia Law School, Rob also worked in Atlanta for the Georgia Capital Defenders and prosecuted domestic violence cases for the Queens County District Attorney's Office in New York City.
Rob focuses his criminal practice on representation of businesses and individuals against allegations of white-collar criminal activity brought by federal and state law enforcement agencies like DOJ, HHS-OIG, SEC, or the Tennessee Attorney General. Some of Rob's criminal law experience includes advising:
- Fortune 500 company throughout an internal investigation related to potential federal bribery and money laundering activity. Resulting in a voluntary disclosure to the Department of Justice and no charges brought against the company.
- Pharmacy chain and its owner in government investigation related to allegations of Medicare fraud and False Claims Act violations.
- Home health services company in government investigation related to allegations of Medicare fraud and False Claims Act violations.
- Healthcare company and nonprofit organization in government investigation related to allegations of Medicare fraud, tax fraud, and False Claims Act violations.
- Individual facing charges of mail and wire fraud.