Columbia Law School
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
University of Tennessee
- summa cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
Honors and Affiliations
Tennessee Supreme Court Attorney for Justice
- Received in 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2018
Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable David J. Hale
- United States District Court, 2015
Board of Directors, Nashville Bar Association YLD
Chairman, Criminal Justice Committee
- American Bar Association YLD, 2014-2015
Nashville Young Leaders Council
- Alumnus, 2014-2018
CJA Panel, Middle District of TN
- Second-chair, 2013-2015; 2017-2018
Rob Laser - Attorney and Founder
Rob takes a personal interest in every client he chooses to represent. He believes in understanding the entirety of his client's circumstances and goals, both legal and pragmatic, to better advise them in pursuit of their long-term interests. In Rob's opinion, every legal issue is unique because every client is unique. If you want someone to work with you to creatively develop legal solutions for your business or individual needs, Rob Laser is the attorney for you.
Rob Laser has significant experience across a wide range of practice areas. After graduating from Columbia Law School, Rob clerked for a United States federal judge and honed his skills representing Fortune 500 companies at two large law firms. Since founding the Laser Law Firm, Rob focuses his practice on advising small and medium-sized businesses, start-ups, and individuals, particularly within the healthcare and real estate industries.
In the healthcare industry, Rob primarily assists his clients with litigation or compliance concerns. For example, Rob helps his clients by navigating disputes with payers, developing compliance programs or policies, conducting training related to billing or HIPAA/HITECH and other regulations, conducting internal investigations or risk assessments, and responding to government investigations or whistle-blower allegations.
A representative sample of businesses Rob has counseled include:
- Global financial corporation in $15 million collection matter against foreign company in federal court.
- Subsidiary of Fortune 500 company in internal investigation related to federal bribery and money laundering concerns.
- Hospital related to False Claims Act allegations by Department of Justice.
- Consultant to skilled nursing facilities related to Department of Justice investigation involving False Claims Act and Medicare fraud allegations.
- Local physician group in investigation related to False Claims Act and Medicare fraud.
- Global car manufacturer related to intellectual property litigation.
- Multiple local small businesses related to formation and growth issues.
- Home health services company related to government investigation into medicare billing.
- National bank in collections matters in Middle Tennessee.
- Regional bank in SEC investigation.
- Ophthalmology practice related to allegations of government payer and tax violations.
- Financial services company in matter related to Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.
- Local business in litigation related to violation of non-compete agreements and allegations of employment discrimination.
A representative sample of Individuals Rob has advised include:
- Local businesswoman in Consumer Protection Act and breach of contract claim against franchisee of national corporation, resulting in jury verdict and attorney fee award of over $500,000.00 after two-week jury trial.
- Local businesswoman in collection of $165,000 debt related to shareholder dispute, resulting in successful recovery of all money without litigation.
- Multiple local real estate investors in disputes with developers related to joint ventures and partnerships.
- Local hospital employee in employment discrimination lawsuit, resulting in successful settlement through mediation in front of a federal judge.
- Local college professor related to small business issues, including breach of contract and growth strategy.
- Local surgeon in investigation related to False Claims Act and Medicare fraud.
- Local entrepreneur regarding multiple litigation matters and formation and growth issues with start-up company.
- Local victims of insurance fraud scam, resulting in all money returned to family without incurring litigation costs.