As a Nashville litigator, Rob Laser has years of experience advising businesses and individuals regarding their disputes and litigation. After graduating from Columbia Law School, Rob clerked for a United States federal judge and honed his skills representing Fortune 500 companies at two large law firms. Rob's civil litigation practice focuses on breach of contract and business disputes, commercial disputes within the healthcare or real estate development industries, and whistleblower/qui tam matters. As seen below, Rob has significant experience representing companies — both large and small — as well as individuals in a wide range of civil disputes.
A representative sample of businesses Rob has counseled include:
- Global financial corporation in $15 million collection matter against foreign company in federal court.
- Subsidiary of Fortune 500 company in internal investigation related to federal bribery and money laundering concerns.
- Multiple local real-estate investors and developers related to breach of contract claims or disputes between partners, joint-venturers, or owners of property related to breaches of fiduciary duty, fraud, and civil conspiracy claims.
- Hospital related to False Claims Act allegations by Department of Justice
- National bank in collections matters in Middle Tennessee.
- Regional bank in SEC investigation.
- Consultant to skilled nursing facilities related to Department of Justice investigation involving False Claims Act and Medicare fraud allegations.
- Local physician group in investigation related to False Claims Act and Medicare fraud.
- Global car manufacturer related to intellectual property litigation.
- Multiple local small businesses related to formation and growth issues.
- Home health services company related to government investigation into Medicare billing.
- Non-profit organization related to allegations of Medicare and tax fraud.
- Financial services company in matter related to Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.
- Local business in litigation related to violation of non-compete agreements and allegations of employment discrimination.
A representative sample of Individuals Rob has advised include:
- Local businesswoman in Consumer Protection Act and breach of contract claim against franchisee of national corporation, resulting in jury verdict and attorney fee award of over $500,000.00 after two-week jury trial.
- Local hospital employee in employment discrimination lawsuit, resulting in successful settlement through mediation in front of a federal judge.
- Local woman in collection of $165,000 debt related to shareholder dispute, resulting in successful recovery of all money without litigation.
- Local college professor related to small business issues, including breach of contract and growth strategy.
- Local surgeon in investigation related to False Claims Act and Medicare fraud.
- Local entrepreneur related to start-up company regarding multiple litigation matters and formation and growth issues.
- Local victims of insurance fraud scam, resulting in all money returned to family without incurring litigation costs.